Summer at last – with lots of sunshine and record temperatures. And we have a cool tip for your home: with d-c-fix® sun protection films, you can decide for yourself how much sun to let into your home – a great idea, especially for skylights and south-facing windows!
UV protection and more comfortable temperatures in an instant
How to achieve effective sun protection for your window:
- Measure the surface area of your windows and purchase sufficient d-c-fix® Sun protection film. Available as optional extras: a plastic smoothing blade, a soft cloth, spray bottle with our application fluid or alternatively a water/detergent mixture, and an assistant.
- Cut the sheets of film 2-3 mm (1/8 inch) smaller than the measured width and length of your window. When all the films have been cut, spray a fine mist of water onto your first window surface using the spray bottle.
- Hand the cut film to your assistant to hold and carefully peel back the thin film which is installed to protect the functional film.
- In the same way, spray the now "exposed" sheet of film then place it on the upper edge of the glazed surface of the window, press down from top to bottom and then finally smooth it out from the middle towards both edges with the smoothing blade, using a downwards movement.
- Then smoothly wipe your freshly covered window surface dry with a soft cloth – finished!
- Give yourself and your helper a high-five – and then you can make a start on the next window surface or enjoy an iced coffee together under the successfully installed sun protection!